Scroll to content
// Welcome to Oak Field School // Don't forget to get your tickets for the Summer Fun Afternoon on Sat 13th July // Need this information in a different way or a paper copy? Get in touch on 0115 915 3265 or

Oak Field School

Transport to school - Council Travel Assistance Requests

Transport to School


Your local authority (e.g. Nottingham City or Notts County) may provide Travel Assistance.


Applications to Nottingham City can be made through the council website:


Applications to Nottinghamshire County Council can be made through:

Nottinghamshire Transport and Travel Services Group. The quickest way to apply is either to:

·       ring the Customer Service Centre on 0300 500 80 80, where an assistant will complete an application with you over the phone or follow the link


Tips for the Nottingham City Application:


Make sure you have the documents ready for your child - often these are sent to you before an EHC review. You could also photograph them with your phone. For example:


  • Information of your child's Free School Meals
  • Working Tax Credit//Universal Credit Award Notice
  • Supporting evidence from a relevant professional - e.g. physio report
  • Make and model of the wheelchair (if applicable)

Once logged in to the Nottingham City Council website, look for the Education section.

This is the button you need to look for to start the application.


For telephone contact with Passenger Transport or a postal address for them, please visit this link.